Aug 13, 2009

Ayiti:I am trying not to leave my apartment to avoid work

If you have never been to Haiti, here's what you are missing out on:

1) Fruit Champagne. Seriously people, it is addicting and delicious.

2) Fried Plantains. You may have had them elsewhere, but they are best at Gwo Papa Poul.

3) There are a lot of others, I just don't want to write about them right now.

But pretty much, I think I would be happy with a diet of Fruit Champagne and fried plantains.

I would also be diabetic and fat.

OH. I drive a 4-wheeler now, and I think it is my preferred mode of transportation from now on. I want to move to Haiti so I can have a good excuse to drive one.

I have decided that the weirdest things about weddings is seeing the guy with a ring on his hand. I mean, the girl has had one on for weeks/months, but when the guy gets his ring, you say "Wow, he's married."

I still can't believe Mission of Hope put a 21 year old girl in charge of part of their mission. What an absurd life I lead.

3 comments:

  1. I can believe it. That's awesome. I am so excited to hear your stories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. On the other hand, just consider who the 21 year old is! I would say they were very discerning. . . but then I'm your Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can vouge for the fried plantains in Costa Rica. and four-wheeling--such a rush!

    ReplyDelete