May 18, 2009

just do it, whatever it is

KCI at 5:11 in the morning is a great place to be. It's black outside. and all the students going to Paris and London are flocking together, taking things out of their 65 pound bags.

My bag (my ONE checked rolling duffel with sheets, towels, clothes, and an entire CVS pharmacy courtesy of my mother) weighed in at 43.3 pounds.

Booyah.

My carry ons are small and hold mostly food (courtesy my mother).

Can I just tell you: I have the best mom in the world. It's a fact, and you can't fight me on that. She stayed up late watching Pride and Prejudice with me; she bought me sour candy; she put up with my forgetfulness yesterday; she prays for me and hugs me when I cry; and she wakes you at 3 AM to take me to the airport. She does all of the above while maintaining her wit and dry sarcasm - I love that about her.

So half my suitcase is half clothes-half miscellaneous. I hope I have enough but not too much. Don't want to be underprepared or excessive.

I hope I come back a different person - though I hope some things stay the same.

Alright friends, Ben Lee beckons...
"Are you changing, are you changing, are you changing? Do you know it? Do you feel it? You know it?"

OH! One last thought: perfect love casts out fear. Been praying that all Sunday and again this morning.

"It is not our level of spirituality we can depend on. It is God and nothing less than God, for the work is God's and the call is God's and everything is summoned by Him and to His purposes, the whole scene, the whole mess, the whole package..." - Elisabeth Elliot

6 comments:

  1. There you GOOOOOOO!!!!

    Come back soon. Be safe. You feel further away already - I miss you and love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love that quote.

    let's hang out when you get back. i wanna see the 'new' sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Because awake is the new sleep, Sarah.

    YOU ARE IN HAITI RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe it!!! It's here! Sounds like you got off to a great start this morning. I love you. Lots. Come back refreshed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love you! So glad you had a great start to your leave!
    So proud of the sour candy gesture! Way to go mom!

    you're on my heart! can't wait to hear stories!

    ReplyDelete
  5. be transformed, my dear friend. come back with good stories.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am the best mom in the world; I'm not fighting you on that. Can I just say that you make it so easy to be the best mom in the world? Because you are such a gift! (as are the other 3, calm down everyone!) One day down, 41 to go!
    love you,
    mom

    ReplyDelete