May 14, 2009

"I don't want yo nasty spit"

Location: Panera.
Companion: Liz "Pookie" Powell
Subject: Essentials of Pediatrics
Activity: Blogging
---
Most pointless study session...ever.

Friday.
Saturday.
Sunday.
Malaria Monday #2/Go to the airport at 3:30 am

The room is half-packed, and this time tomorrow it will be summer.

Summer means Haiti, Alaska, Washington, 23 S. Fairview. It means oceans and frisbee and laughing and spending money and making money and Kelly Clarkson in Des Moines and TURNING 21 and re-learning how to ride a bike. I mean...

Guys, I tried to ride a bike last semester. It was the first time since I was 10. And you know what, the saying "it's like riding a bike" is so stupid. I can't ride a bike anymore. I am awkward and unbalanced and inevitably come off the bike with bruises on my calves. And OH MY GOSH DID THE SEAT ALWAYS HURT!?

I am packing my skirts and very few shirts, swapping out my jeans and scrubs for lightweight clothes and sports bras. I am packing away my blow dryer and make-up (though I may sneak in mascara!) Gene and I will be apart for the first time ever. I won't go back to my parent's house after Monday at 3:30 AM. I am taking my hair that hasn't been cut in months and praying that the humidity will make it so out of control that it won't matter how dirty it is.

I can't be more excited.
I can't be more FREAKED OUT OF MY FREAKIN' MIND.
Fear is so scary and a little fun.

Ok.

Thanks Panera for the memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment