May 30, 2009

Ayiti:Day Off

It was a lovely day here today. I spent the morning practicing Creole, relaxing, and reading. I am getting the sentence structure a bit more after the morning.

My new roommate Mallory arrived a few days ago: hilarious. She makes me laugh a lot, and apparently she finds me funny too - it makes for a good living situation. We have 2 more roommates to fit in our room, which is quite packed already. Woy!

This afternoon the lovely Diana invited me out with her and her friend Wiki. We went to Cabaret, ate at a delicious Haitian restaurant with the best sitwon juice (is that right Diana?). Then we bought candy and headed to Wiki's house for a little worship time. It was fantastic.

The highlight of the day involved my first ride on a tap-tap - seriously, it is the way to travel in Haiti. You only need a Haitian man to accompany you, but otherwise you are golden.

I won't keep you in suspense any longer...here are my song choices of the day:
1) The Perfect Match - Chelsey Scott
2) Maybe Be Alright - William Fitzsimmons
3) Kingdom Comes - Sara Groves

With that, I sign off. The generator is cranking, the fans are started, and time to settle in for the night. Love love.

3 comments:

  1. you're the best.

    i'm so happy for you and so glad you're there. i can't wait to see pictures and hear stories from now until forever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay for roommates and fellowship! did you make cupcakes yet? :D

    and was any of this candy that you bought sour?

    ....or....blue?

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's my fav william song :)

    Love you girl!!

    ReplyDelete