Jan 25, 2010

all things go

Today is a monumental day.

It commences the countdown of week 15 to graduation.
It's the first Monday of the semester.
THEY HAVE FREE HOT CHOCOLATE IN THE UNION.
It's the day I apply to be a nurse.
It's the day I apply to be a nurse in Colorado.

WHOA.

When I came to Jewell I was nearly positive I wanted to be a pediatric oncology nurse. I was nearly positive that I would stay in Kansas City.

Then I shifted to hating nursing in all forms and was ready to move away.

I have wavered between here and Washington and Haiti and Oregon and Idaho and Uganda and all sorts of places.

And today, my application is to the State of Colorado.

My inbox holds messages from nurse recruiters in Denver and Colorado Springs...two places I swore I would never live. My job aspirations: not pediatrics.

And today I wait in anticipation for that day, the day I pack up my little car (assuming the timing belt is replaced and running like a dream) and come home, in a sense.

I like how life works out like this sometimes.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I have been talking with some younger friends who are beginning to struggle and wrestle with the idea of what they are meant to do with their lives.

But really, who ever REALLY has one's life figured out? Because even though I have my state picked out, I have no idea what I am doing.

I sort of love it.

1 comment:

  1. as I've stalked you via your blog during this past year or two, I have been astounded and inspired by your trust in God's plan for you. sounds like big things are happenin up in here, yo. keep flying by the seat of your pants :)

    ReplyDelete