Jan 21, 2009

Things I love about being a nursing major

I feel like I complain a lot about being a nursing major. But today I encountered a couple of things that made me realize I love my major.

The nursing office is sort of like a spa. They burn candles that smell like fresh rain or chocolate chip cookies. They sometimes play music with waterfalls. They have, in fact, had a waterfall at one time. There are flowers and statues of angels and inspirational posters. It all is very funny to me because so many nursing majors seem to be one test away from an emotional and mental breakdown. And yes, we complain a lot and yes, it is bad sometimes. And yes, we are overly dramatic a lot of the time. But yes, sometimes it really is THAT bad.

But when things get that bad and I think "I can't walk into this classroom again." - I walk into the room hearing "The Way You Make Me Feel" and a dance party began. We didn't get much accomplished in class, but it reminded me that being a nursing major is actually really great sometimes.

We have Operation in our study area. We have our own computer lab. We become good friends with each other. And seeing people in class today was a small sort of reunion.

So, for today, I think nursing is fun. I will check back tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. I think you are fun. I also believe that you are going to do great things for God when He's done with you at billy jewell. Keep on keeping on.
    Hope to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I have failed to talk to you about my friends god questions. Life has been crazy, I'm not getting enough sleep/not keeping up with life. I'll plan on calling you this weekend though.

    loves,
    Erik

    ReplyDelete