Feb 8, 2009

let the sunlight in

If you ever meet Rosi Golan, please tell her that I will sing harmonies for her anytime.

I don't know why people who are single hate Valentine's Day. I myself have never celebrated Valentine's Day with a significant other, but WHY would you hate a day full of candy? However, I tried to make it to the candy aisle today and found my way blocked from all angles. Darn you parents of elementary children needing cards and candy for their classmates. I still got my candy though. Crisis averted.

I really miss the feeling of being happy. Don't get me wrong, I'm not back in my I-hate-my-life-and-may-be-borderline-depressed stage. But tonight I sat in a room full of people I don't know very well, and I got to ask people questions and listen to answers, and I really didn't want to leave at all because I was happy where I was. But it's more than just being happy.

Where's the joy in my heart? Where's the zeal for crying out loud? Once upon a time I was THAT girl, the one who was slightly crazy and smiled a lot and couldn't keep a straight face. It all overflowed from a heart that was full of joy. And I know what it feels like to have the joy of the Lord; it's somewhat addictive. In Nehemiah 8 it says that the joy of the Lord is my strength. I want joy to be my strength. HOW THE HECK DO I GET JOY?

Walk by the Spirit, saith the Lord via Paul via Galatians.

I just wish I knew how to do that.*

* I realize there is not a seven step process of walking with the Spirit. Just in case you were wondering.

3 comments:

  1. *You're right, it's a 12 step process.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, i'll be in KC in a few weekends. Would we be able to grab coffee?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heck, I don't think it's about steps. I think it's about encounter with God. Just being touched by Him changes everything in a day or a week or a life.

    But all of us Parsons definitely are under some kind of cloud of oppression, I think, and maybe we all need to pray for the sunlight to flood in again.

    Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete