Jan 18, 2009

An Ode to Molly

I just got off the phone with one of my besties. Her name is Molly. She is really neat. She is going to Central America tomorrow morning for the semester. There is a high likelihood that I may not see her until August. I have rarely cried in a goodbye - but saying goodbye to Molly ties for first place with when I left the Clader's to move to Kansas.

We have talked every day of break, even if for five minutes to say hello and that we miss each other. I feel like it is typical to have friends for a season, that you get closer with some friends and some friendships fade with circumstances. However, if you are lucky enough, you have one, two, or maybe even more friends that are significant people in your life. I was fortunate enough to make one of those friends when I was very young, and I am convinced that Molly is a friend for life.

Molly is a beautiful person. She is humble, content, deep, intentional, hilarious, committed, unique. She makes me laugh a lot. When I am overly dramatic she laughs at me. She's realistic and rational. She cares deeply for people. She would go run on treadmills with me late at night, sing Kelly Clarkson, dance, then go to her room and eat applesauce with me. She listens well. One of the first things I noticed about her when we were becoming good friends was that she has an immense amount of wisdom. Molly is a beautiful person to be around because she seems to put you at ease because she is at ease with herself. She rests in the person she was made to be.

She is also extremely adorable.

I hope you have a friend like Molly. I think everyone needs a friend like Molly who loves you, grounds you, and enriches your life.

Here's to adventure Molly - go be Molly to all your friends waiting in Central America. Then come home and live down the hall or in the same room as me.


4 comments:

  1. Gosh. I am teary now. Can't believe this is real.AH.

    ReplyDelete
  2. snapple fact:

    she does look like diane. but she is, in actuality, cuter and better than diane.

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all I hope it not's creepy that I read your blog. Interesting fact: I found it through Molly's blog. Secondly, I concur with Liz.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree wholeheartedly, Sarah! Molly is amazing!

    ReplyDelete