Apr 27, 2009

Endings

It's a hard realization when you see a chapter in your life closing. I feel as though the significant lives approaching in the next few weeks solidify the end of this part of the story.

I have lived in Ely Hall for two years now - and it has seen the cultivation of friendships with very significant friends in my life. Molly, Lucy, Anna, Christine, Katherine, Liz, Katy, Kelley. I have learned a lot about myself in being a RA through the last two years. I am, in all honesty, ready to move - but it's a hard realization to know I am missing another year of rowdy good time.

I am going to Haiti in 20 days. 20 days. I don't even know how to begin to comprehend that. The shots in my arms and $700 out of my bank account should begin to solidify it in my mind...

And the realization that the day after tomorrow is the last few hours I will spend with my dad in Kansas City is a really difficult thing to swallow.

Oh life. Off to sleep.

2 comments:

  1. I love you. I miss living down the hall from you already. Can I chase you down the hall sometime soon?

    ReplyDelete
  2. UGH
    your family!!!
    i know i've been mia for the past two summers,
    but why are you all leaving me?!


    you and i better have some ibex time together when you're back from haiti.

    ReplyDelete