Jul 3, 2010

restacking

It's nighttime in Haiti. I am sitting on the concrete outside my front door and listening to the hum of the generator down the hill, the quiet voices from the group on the opposite side of the wall, and Bon Iver.

I have no pressing news to report. I am here, and I am living life each day, and I am trying to piece together the blocks of a new little life. Diana Cherry chopped off a good chunk of my hair today. I have spent more time in the last two days laughing and smiling and listening than I have feeling lonely and afraid. God has been pressing on me the importance of silence and solitude. I am trying very hard to seek that out in this time, to listen carefully for His voice.

Thanks for the thoughts, notes, and love over the past two and a half weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment