Aug 25, 2007

Introducing Alice and Ernie

You know when you are meeting people for the first time and someone asks for your most embarassing moment, and though you always have one in your back pocket, you forget one and are desperately seeking for one? Maybe not? Ok, well it happens to me a lot, but now, never fear, I have one most embarassing moment to top them all. It will NEVER be forgotten.

I am an RA in Ely Hall, known for being the most fun dorm on William Jewell's campus. As we talked about policies and procedures last night, we came up with skits to help illustrate our point. Since there are nine of us, we decided to be "The Ely Bunch", similar to the Brady Bunch. I, living in the middle of the building, TWO CENTRAL, was chosen to play the part of Alice. As Alice is the only one with a steady boyfriend, the one and only Sam the Butcher, I was chosen (well let's face it, half-volunteered!) for the PDA skit. My friend Caitlin and I played the roles of Sam and Alice, and here is how it panned out...

We walk in the front door of Ely, where there is a couch facing the front door. All the girls are sitting toward the back of the couch, so Caitlin and I sit facing away from them, toward the front glass doors - see where this is headed? Caitlin slips her arm around me, then we duck behind the couch and I kick my legs and we throw clothes out from behind the couch. Sounds salacious, but in reality every year there is a PDA skit just like it. There was no real PDA, just the impression. Anyways, back to the story...

As Caitlin slips her arm around me, I look forward to see Ernie Stufflebean, the head of Res Life, a.k.a. my BOSS, walking up to the front door. We meet each other's eyes, and as we both realize what is going on, he turns away awkwardly and I disappear behind the couch, mortified, yet still in plain sight of Ernie. I throw the clothes, kick my legs for good measure, then crawl away quickly, more embarassed then ever. I am laughing from sheer embarassment and awkwardness, then begin to cry from laughing so hard. Then Ernie walks in, and we avoid each other for the rest of the night. Keep in mind I have yet to ever say a word to him, but I do get to meet one on one with him at some point this semester.

I haven't been fired yet. I'll let you know...

4 comments:

  1. public display of ass?

    jk. but seriously.

    how was skeeool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my fellow RAs in college, Kimmy, had a thing with butt slapping on her hall. One day as she sauntered to her room, she saw someone bent over and took the opportunity. Surprised, the person stood up and she realized that he was one of the residents’ dads. Classic. Anyhoo, I'm glad you're an RA. Isn't it a great job? Getting paid to HANG OUT WITH PEOPLE!

    ReplyDelete