Mar 16, 2011

florida can't handle me

Once again. On my way to Haiti. This time I am spending the night in Ft. Lauderdale...in the airport. So worth the saved 60 dollars.

I've actually had a lot of fun. I have gotten multiple phone calls from friends around the time zones. I've tried to learn all the words to "Club Can't Handle Me". Each time I listen to it I am ready to break out a flash mob with the three other people in the airport. I watched an episode of Detroit something, something. I downloaded a free hour trial of Bejeweled 3 - but it stressed me out to try and beat the times.

Why do they abbreviate Fort to Ft.?

I have only met one creepy person. He has tended to follow me fairly closely, so I am choosing to stay awake and sit in an open area with other people. And keep my headphones in. And avoid eye contact. He has the same shoes as me which doesn't help for avoiding conversations as no one else seems to have them.

In other news, I was featured in Samaritan's Purse's annual send out to people about Operation Christmas Child. I mean, it was just a picture. But I was surprised as I didn't have SP scrubs on, and most all their media only shows people in their clothes. But I'll take it. I'm right next to Franklin Graham. Moving up in the world. I also haven't actually seen it, just a pixelated version on my phone courtesy of Christi Florida (shout out!).

The occupancy in the airport has tripled in ten minutes. Guess it's time to get up and moving. I'm thankful for this little corner of the airport with a plug and lots of open floor. I did wind up on the floor all night. No sleeps, just all out solo entertainment. Haiti here I come - leave the king bed open for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment