Dec 12, 2007

Pointless Post #1

I very much dislike posting without a specific purpose, but here it goes.

I have two more finals. I thought I was supposed to take one today at 11 - turns out it's TOMORROW at 11. Drat. I thought I would be done tonight at 5. I do have Arabic at 3. Mah ah sallaamah!

I know that finals week is always a stressful time for people, but I have to tell you, I love finals week. Primarily because Late Night Breakfast is during finals week. It's one of my favorite things about Jewell. But also, I don't have homework, just some last minute cramming. But when you walk out of the class - the weight comes off a little, and I have to smile. I haven't yet experienced the fear of "I am going to fail out of this class". That's not meant to sound cocky - just thankful. I am glad I haven't experienced that.

So, tomorrow at 1 I will be able to say I am 3/8 done with college. I will be able to say I am in nursing school. I am a proud owner of a stethoscope. I don't know how to use it but I sure do look official. I will be able to clean my room, pack my bags, sleep a lot, help other people study, and check out everyone on my hall. Friday at 5 I close up the dorm. Just me. Just kidding. There will be 9 of us. I am so excited to be home, sleeping in my bed, getting ready for Christmas, going to Homer's, seeing my friends. I will be sad to leave the lights at Jewell and the wonderful friends I have here.

Here's hoping the ice doesn't keep me away.

4 comments:

  1. and iiiii will be done in 9 days. or 8. if i skip a day.

    but i'm happy you will be done today. lucky bill.

    i can't wait to get there too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BAHAHA - LUCKY BILL!!!!

    That's hysterical.

    Fessie, did you just swear in Arabic?

    Remember the time that I straight up SLEPT THROUGH my final at SPU? I woke up at noon or something? And I had to re-take it 2 months later in the middle of the summer?

    But I guess I am lucky that I got to re-take it. Lucky Bill.

    ReplyDelete
  3. who's lucky bill?

    you sound smart,
    not because you haven't failed any classes
    nor because you are.
    because you wrote something in arabic
    with such confidence as to put an "!" (exclamation point) at the end.

    way to go, official nursing student.

    oh ps...
    i might be home friday night instead of saturday like i planned,
    just because snow scares my mother...?
    but that means i'll be bored tomorrow night,
    so give me a call when you gets into town.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My name is Bill.

    LET'S BE BLOGGING FRIENDS!

    Does the friendship have to stop there??? Please say no!

    ReplyDelete